6.24.2008

Friend's Trip '08


Bald and I on the harbor cruise
Some of the fishing boats that were docked

You call this sand?? It's more like gravel to me!
Sally was mad because Zane kept skipping her! It was a little excessive I have to admit!
Fern Canyon...
Oh my gosh it was so pretty there. They actually filmed some of Jurassic Park II there. It was pretty cool. I would definitely recommend going if you ever have the chance...just don't drive a car. You have to go through 3 streams to get there! But my car made it!

More Fern Canyon. The ferns are just growing on the walls.

Banana Slug...I heard that you can lick them and they taste like bananas. But I didn't want to try. Sally tried it back in the day...so I will just believe it.
More ferns.. A trail that the boys found when they were exploring.
Bald on an old tree stump in front of a very large Redwood.
This was Big Tree. This picture doesn't show the true size of this thing. It went on forever. I swear I couldn't even see the top

The coast at sunset. The fog would come in too early to get a nice sunset picture, but these 3 are still beautiful.


The towns little old church.

On the last day, we walked down to the beach to check out the tide pools. It was so pretty and there were some interesting things. At first I was like what the heck are these glob things. Then I found out that they were THESE....
They contract when they aren't in the water to protect themselves and also to keep in the moisture.
Lots of starfish...and more globs!






3 comments:

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Good job with all of those pictures! They are fantastic! And so Beautiful! I am so jealous of you right now...I want to see the beach SO bad and it's probably perfect weather where you are at!

Love you!

Rachel said...

Love the pictures!!! It is so green!-- I am glad to hear you didnt like the banana slug---- thats just nasty!!!
Love ya!!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

You're seriously slackin' update already!!!